• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call timer showing elapsed time DURING Call

cuidate

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
Every cell phone I have used in the past has automatically shown me the time elapsed on each phone call, during the call. For some strange reason I have been unable to find an option that provides me with that most basic information while I am making the call.

How hard can that be to do?

It's invaluable for me to know because a number of international call services I use do not charge me for any call under 60 seconds. Since a few countries I make calls to often fail to connect after several attempts, I have learned over time to monitor the time elapsed for each call and to disconnect at 55 seconds if the call has not yet gone through. That tiny feature saves me hundreds of dollars a month and for calls on which I never connected.

Every "call timer" software I have found only tells me the time of the call after I have finished with the call. A couple let me set some sort of an "alarm" that lets me know when I have hit some time, e.g. 45 seconds, into the call. That is both annoying and does not address my problem.

Any help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones