Call TimerSupport

Last Updated:

1. edifiz

edifiz Member This Topic's Starter

The timer for the call starts as soon as the phone starts ringing and not when the other party picks up the phone. Is there any way to know when the other side has picked the call other than holding it to your ear or putting it on the speaker. I know this seems like a silly complaint, but my old phone (not a smart phone) had this option - when the call was in ringing mode the screen would show 'calling' and when the party picked up the line, the clock would start. That way just by looking at the phone I would know if its still ringing or if its been picked up.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It's be absolutely ages since I ran stock firmware, but I would've thought there was some kind of visual indication for this. I know there is on vanilla android (i.e. android without HTC Sense).

Are you running the latest 2.1 firmware? It should vibrate when the other person picks up. (I remember this because this feature actually really bugged some people, for whatever reason =/).

3. edifiz

edifiz Member This Topic's Starter

YesI have the latest 2.1 firmware .. I also updated the HTC software .. the phone vibrates when the call starts ringing .. not when the phone is picked up ...