Call to Arms! Plan of attack, possible solutions?

Last Updated:

1. DS1

DS1 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I've read three dozen different threads on "efuse" and locked bootloaders tonight.

Lots of guessing and opinions are out there.

What I'm looking for is options, actual possible solutions (aka not your opinion or whining about it)

I am not a code guy or dev, I specialize in mechanical so please bear with me if the questions sound silly.

First off the "efuse":

It's a software fuse, how is it written?
    Can the address on the hardware be written over without actually trying to hack the fuse?
    Can you go around it,boot from sd card, etc?
    Can the needed "key" be gotten from the stock bootloader if the stock rom is dumped (dump even possible?)

Second, encrypted bootloader:

Supposedly using RSA style encryption, lots of hackers know tricks for these just look at how fast MIT and Berkley go through RSA's challenge encryptions. (no easy feat lol)

Once again can we overwrite what is there without trying to crack it aka wipe the chip and start over?

Misc:

We know full well that moto will be re-enabling the bricked phones to be used exchange units and I can't imagine them not letting the Verizon service centers not have access to the software, so who works at one?

I know you guys know alot more about this than I do so post up ideas and theories to see if we can find a solution.

(Sorry no spellcheck)

Advertisement