Call to root 2.2 leak!!!

Last Updated:

1. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, i just wanted to ask/encourage the developer website to work on an exploit for the leaked 2.2 update for dx. I didn't move the su file like i was supposed to and would flash the sbf except for i can't because the moto logo won't go away in the boot and i have to keep pulling the battery to try to get it to load right. Anyhow, please figure out a way to root the leak and help what i believe is a growing number of people like me!

Thanks!
    drybin

Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

dude I can help you. I had to flash the sbf 6 times before I got it, I know how to now. Plus birdman did root 2.2 he just hasn't released it yet. Can you ive me more info of exactly what happens, what you can get into, bootloader,recovery,full android, and what you have done so far

3. drybin

yea, because when the moto logo won't go away and i boot up, i can hear as if the os start up fine, its just that the logo won't go away. I can hear the sound made when the phone loads the sd card and if i use the same motion to unlock the phone, i can feel the haptic response and can turn off the phone by approximating the motions to power off. However, i can't see anything other than the moto logo. now i tried powering up using the power,home and volume button but all i still see is the logo! so i can't necissarily try to just flash sbf.

4. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

5. drybin

is it the "hardware-properties" file? it has a .ini extension. into which programs folder?

6. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

You take the one from the zip file I gave a link to its called pst_flash.ini and you put it in rsd lite's program files overwriting the old one. Its program files are in the motorola folder

7. drybin

what am i supposed to have the phone in? usb mass storage? pc mode? i did what you said with the ini file, but all i see is the program pop up and doesn't seem to recognize my phone
    whats next?

8. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

do you have the drivers installed on your computer, and how could you change the usb mode anyway

9. drybin

how/where do i get the drivers from? to change the usb settings, use the shade pulldown and click on the "ongoing" usb setting and use the options to change between them. anyways, i installed the motoconnect program, are those the drivers? what am i supposed to see when i connect the phone in rsd lite?

10. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

put the phone in bootloader mode. pull the battery, hold camera + volume down, then power on, if you did it right, it will be a black screen with some white writing on the left side telling you to connect to USB.

when you connect the phone, rsd will tell you its connected. then, just click start. if start is greyed out, rename the sbf to dx.sbf.

drivers can be found here (near the highlighted instructions):
    http://rootzwiki.com/index.php/Smartphones/Motorola/Droid-X/Droid-X.html

oh, i would boot into recovery first (by holding power + home, then hitting search to get into recovery, and doing a data wipe. otherwise, it may boot loop and you'll have to do it all over again)

11. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I thought you said you could only see the moto logo and yes if it worked you would see one of the slots in rsd lite filled with something, is there anything there

12. drybin

the thing with my phone, which i noted in some other posts, it keeps the moto logo on screen. to fix it, i keep pulling the battery over and over until somehow it boots up normally, thats why i scared to reboot the phone into recovery mode bc there is no guarentee that i can get to that mode without the moto logo not going away. right now i have the phone working normally from rebooting wiht battery pull... what am i supposed to do with the apk file? right now i have access to the phone and sd card

13. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

what apk file
    sadly the next steps are to
    boot into recovery and wipe data an cache
    boot into bootloader and flash the sbf

14. drybin

so here's my question then, if i don't really want to flash the sbf, can i just wait for the update/root method to be released for 2.2 from birdman? i feel like its the best way to go now

15. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

yeah, if you dont wanna wipe, flash, root, update, restore apps... then yes, just wait. wont be too long. you'll only spend a couple days without root i would think.

16. drybin

cool, so should i just keep my eye posted on the main dx or root forum?

17. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

all things root FTW:p

the regular forum is dry:D

18. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

+1 There's a main Droid X forum?!? :eek: :D :)

19. D13

D13 Well-Known Member