Call volume issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. BartCunningham

BartCunningham Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Droid 2 5 days ago and everything seemed fine but for the past couple days I can hardly hear calls either through the earpiece or the speaker phone. I think it started right after I did the 2.2.20 update but it has been a busy week and I haven't had much time to use my phone so I am not sure exactly when it started. I do know that when I first was using the phone it was very loud and I had no problems hearing it either way.

Anyone else having this issue or have a clue as to what I can check or do? All 3 of my volumes are at max and I have rebooted several times.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BartCunningham

I should have added that the music app sounds great as does the alerts, ringtones and everything else, just the call volume is extremely low.

3. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

There are more than 3 volumes, my guess is the in-call volume is turned down. Check out "AudioManager Widget" in the market, it will display Alarm, Media, Alerts, Ringer, System and Voice audio levels in a nice looking widget. They can all be adjusted from within the app as well.

BartCunningham likes this.
  4. BartCunningham

Nice app! All my levels were at max except music. I turned it up and tried it anyway but still the same :(

5. Andy in NY

Andy in NY Well-Known Member

im having the same problem, but mostly with speaker phone. it used to sound nice and loud but now its barely usable. music plays just fine and loud, but calls do not. in call volume is up all the way.

6. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Get that app. I had next to no system volume, couldnt find out to raise it. That app let me turn it up.

7. BartCunningham

Verizon store couldn't fix mine. They gave me a new one and it has been working great!

8. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

My phone lost its speaker, will have to go to VZW for a new one, OY.