Call volume stuck on high after bluetoothSupport

Last Updated:

1. bikercr

bikercr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed times when my in-call volume is stuck on high even when turned all the way down to the lowest setting. I traced this to having previously connected to a bluetooth device for phone use (this happens with two different bluetooth accessories). After disconnecting from bluetooth (whether or not the bluetooth antenna is also turned off), call volume is extremely loud and doesn't respond to the volume-down key. I have to reset the phone to get it back to normal. Anyone else notice this? Any fix for this? I presume this is a bug in the Android 2.1 OS. BTW--this also happens with a friend's Eris running a 2.1 leak v3.

Advertisement
  2. bikercr

Anyone?

3. enfeebler

enfeebler New Member

I have also noticed this issue after connecting my Motorola Droid to my Camry's bluetooth in my car. About 60% of the time this occurs where the calls after I disconnect are very loud. I too have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to reset.

My in-call volume is always set to the lowest possible setting, and same goes when I am connected in the car. However, when the volume is very loud after the disconnect, the volume setting remains at the lowest setting not allowing me to reduce the volume any further.

This does not occur every time I disconnect my phone, but it does happen often enough and has pretty much since I got the phone.

4. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

I haven't had this problem recently, but it did happen to me once. I had to power cycle the phone to fix it as well.

5. bikercr

I've had exactly the problem after I purchased a Sony bluetooth adapter a few months ago. Only fix I've found is resetting the phone. Problem has continued after my Froyo upgrade (HTC Droid Incredible). Has anyone figured out a fix for this?

6. RawlingsSc

I noticed this happening again a couple days ago. I was able to fix it by running my volume up a couple of notches, and then back down. I have the froyo DI as well.

7. ngodfriedt

ngodfriedt New Member

I have a Desire with Froyo and for me above mentioned solution worked for me too. When I first turn up the volume and then back down, the volume is as normal.

8. bikercr

I will try it. Thanks!

9. cap'n crunch

cap'n crunch Active Member

I have the opposite problem - I can barely hear anyone on my plantronics bluetooth headset. I vaguely remember reading about a setting for hearing aides (something along that line) and remember it worked for me once, but i cannot find it again. Anyone have an idea on that.

10. DroidBH

DroidBH New Member

I connect mine to my car as well and as a result can not hold the phone anywhere near my ear when talking. Not to mention everyone around me can hear the call as if it were on speaker. Help!

11. RawlingsSc

Did you try running the volume up and then back down on your next call? That's what fixes it for me.

12. daktron

daktron Active Member

The exact thing has happened to me. I have an Incredible that I use with a Jabra speaker phone. All of a sudden all incoming calls became so loud that they're unbearable. Tried the fix mentioned above (i.e., running the volume up and then back down) and it worked like a charm. Wahooo!

Thanks all!

13. Clausi

Clausi New Member

Hy everyone.
    I'm having the same problem, after disconnecting my Desire from my car-kit (Parrot CK-3100) it stays incrdible loud.
    This is the first time i found a possible solution - I'll give it a try and will report if it was successfull.

CU