• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

call volume when multitasking

jabooh1

Jul 22, 2010
Today I was talking on a call, with nice clear volume. I then decided to look at a new picture txt. When jihads the text picture open the speaker volume dropped to about 50%. I then "closed" the text and went back to phone and the volume returned. Has anyone experiences this or know what caused it? Is it the sharing of resources or something?

I have an app from the market called Quick Settings that shows various volume levels, and for whatever reason in-call volume keeps getting set to 2 out of 5 when I'm not on the phone. I've tried making calls, raising the volume, ending the call, and then it shows it's been set to 2/5 again. I've also made calls that I turn up the volume, end the call, and then place another call and the volume is back at 2/5 again. Not sure what is changing the volume level back to what it thinks is default, but could bethe same thing in the software that's causing your trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones