Call volumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. RandomSanity

RandomSanity Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed many threads on the volume levels of the HTC Desire, all to do with the speaker volume for music, notifications and alarms. I have no problems with these, they're perfectly acceptable to me. However, the in call volume on this phone is ridiculously low, if there is any noise in the room at all I can't hear a thing and this is with the volume maxed. Using headphones or the speakerphone it is fine.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix to increase the in call volume beyond the current maximum?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. billy1561

billy1561 Well-Known Member

My incall volume is fine unlike the call volume which is poor if i am being generous.
    I presume you have pressed the rocker switch during a call to maximum?

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

You can also go to settings/sound/volume & adjust it all there

4. RandomSanity

RandomSanity Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, Mine is set to maximum and I can still barely hear most callers. I'm still a young man so I shouldn't be having any hearing issues :D

5. billy1561

billy1561 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should take it back and compare it with one from the shop and get them to exchange if it really is as poor as you say?
    Sounds like the phone to me.

6. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

Have you had any progress with Call Volume? I've had my Desire for a little over 2 weeks (in Canada) and can hardly hear anyone when they call me or I call them. Volume is maxed and it's nearly impossible!! Putting it on Speaker phone during a call seems to help a little, but that shouldn't have to happen at the price we paid for a cellPHONE.

7. SpicyTacoto

SpicyTacoto Well-Known Member

Same issue here. Both my husband and myself have the Desire with TELUS and we both have issues with in-call volume. It if very low and hard to hear 90% of the time. I'm about to place a call to tech support now. Hopefully I'll be able to hear their suggestions on how to fix it! :p

8. sunilmnambiar

sunilmnambiar New Member

I had same issue with my HTC Desire HD, it started with an Android update. I took it to HTC service center but they could not identify the problem. After many escalations they replaced my phone:)