Caller Cant hear me!Support

Last Updated:

1. SJamG

SJamG Well-Known Member

I am new to Android, so this is a very strange problem for me.

Picture this :

I am sitting at work listening to music at my desk when a call comes in. I pull out the headphones and answer the call.

I then am greeted by the caller saying "hello" many times then hangs up! This has happened more than a few times and am worried that my new Desire is faulty....until i came across this :

Callers can't hear me if they call when I am listening to music through headset - Android Forums

Now, I do have my phone's Ringtone volume set to Vibrate (to not disturb colleagues) this really effecting things??

If so, Volume Control will do the trick apparently, but I looked in the market and found 4, yes 4 programs....which one do people use?

Thanks for any help.

2. qprjim

qprjim Well-Known Member

same problem for me (but I'm not listening to music when it happens, its all the time) The person on the other end of the line cannot hear a word I say. I only received it on sat and rang orange earlier and they are sending a courier tomorrow morning to xchange it.
  3. Asphyxsia

Asphyxsia Active Member

same thing here but its only random... and will only do it once in a short time period...

My setup is - custom mp3 ringtone - max vol. 30secs in length
    max ear vol. happens regardless of music playing or not.
    i see that this time running apps are; voice search, brut maps, settings, phone, msgs and internet.
    only widget of interest would be mixzing.
    i have HTC_IME mod installed and active.
  4. Asphyxsia

Asphyxsia Active Member

Hey guys, found the problem last night by calling myself.

What it is, is that the microphone cant hear you unless you sortof cup your hand around the base of the phone. if you hold it higher up you are incredibly quiet to the person on the other end (read: not hearable)

so yeah... hold your phone lower - this also helps with signal.
    what you are trying to do is sortof funnel your voice into the mic.

5. bettybumbles

bettybumbles New Member

Hi I'm not sure if this is the same problem:

If I've been using headphones to listen to music, and I remove them, when people call I can't hear them and they can't hear me. If I turn my phone off and on again the problem is fixed. I've noticed that the little 'headphones' icon still shows at the top of the screen once I unplug the headphones... anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks x
  6. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

Girlfriend had a problem similar to the headphone thing, turns out it was a small piece of paper lodged in the headphone socket. Whipped it out with a cocktail stick and it was fine. Dunno if that's any help but always worth checking :)
  7. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

+1 @ Inno
    I've had the same thing happen to me as well
  8. atlbigjoe

atlbigjoe New Member

I am having the same problem, but I am not using headphones. Callers will call and I answer and they can not hear me. I have to go to speaker to let them know, I will call them right back. Then I have to reboot the phone to call them back. I did notice one thing. You know how you have to slide the bar down to answer the phone. Well when I am having this problem the bar does not come up but an answer button that I have to push. After rebooting the slide bar comes back.
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Check the headphone and usb sockets for fluff or somethign that might make it think its connected to one or the other.

Sounds like it thinks its in car mode...
  10. jfitz

jfitz Member

i have the same problem. people can only hear me when i remove the back of my phone. anyone any idea as to how to resolve this?

did you ever find a solution?