caller i.d.Support

Last Updated:

1. GID

GID New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there!
    Got new magic with rogers network and have caller i.d on it. for some reason it doesn't display the name of the person who's calling:confused:,only the number.talked to tech support in rogers,was told device doesn't support name display,which doesn't make any sense.please advise if anybody has the same issue.thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

are you talking about names in your phonebook? Because if you've saved a contact, their name should show up when they call.

But if you're talking about regular, land-line caller-ID that gives you the phone book name of whoever's calling -- then no, no cell phone does that to my knowledge.

3. GID

GID New Member This Topic's Starter

I had sonny Ericsson before and it showed every number and name,no matter where person calling from,even from outside the province. very frustrating when you miss a call and don't know who called you,specially when it's a business call.

4. x IF all IE IN

x IF all IE IN Well-Known Member

If the number is in your contact book then yes, HTC will do the name display, otherwise it will not.
    I also has a sony ericsson a while back (k790a) and as far as I remember that was the same way.
    But dont let that make you think bad thoughts about the Magic...its an amazing phone, so far it destroys my previous blackberries (including the bold)

5. Phatman888

Phatman888 New Member

My Eris will not show the person calling even if they are in my contacts list. It only shows half of the numbers entered. I've removed all special characters and still not luck