Caller ID, Contacs with Multiple NumbersSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dalmus

Dalmus New Member This Topic's Starter

Good morning All,

I've been a lurker for quite some time, and for the most part, I haven't had to register because I'm a latecomer to the Android scene, and most of the questions I have have already been discussed to death by someone!

BUT, I just can't seem to find a previous thread specifically addressing my latest questions, so now I become an offical member!

I have several contacs with multiple numbers... home, work, mobile, etc. Every other phone I've ever had let's you know which number is calling you. With Android, it just gives me the name and the number, but not the type of number.

This is important information to have, because I want to limit my non-mobile calls during the day so I conserve my "anytime" minutes.

Is there a setting or option somewhere I'm missing that addresses this? Is there a caller ID app that addresses this?

Or am I blind, and not looking in the right spot? I'm completely willing to be told "Look in the upper left corner, Dummy!" if that's the case!

Thanks for any direction on this!

- Dalmus

Advertisement
  2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I never paid Attention to that... I suppose you could just make new entries and name them so you'll know. IE "Mom" and "Mom Cell" or something. It's a pita but you're in a minority wanting that feature...

3. Dalmus

Dalmus New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I had thought of that, and it certainly would be a PITA with close to a hundred contacts, 50% of which have multiple locations.

I find it hard to believe that every other "simple" phone out there can display the label, but Android cannot. To me, its a huge oversight.

I DID notice that it flashes for about a second when the call first comes in, then goes away. There should be a way to make the label stay.

Maybe I'll have to ask in the SDX forums and see what the tech-types think.

Have you used any of the caller ID apps from the Market? Anything you might recommend trying?

4. andd64

andd64 New Member

any update on this? I'm experiencing the same problem, and have a hard time finding answers about this - either no one else seems to notice this issue, or it just doesn't bother them!

Hope there's an answer soon!