Caller ID is like watching ESPN...HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The new Froyo update has changed the look of the screen when receiving a phone call. It now has their FB status scrolling across the bottom of their picture!! This is EXTREMELY annoying....is there a way to disable that? I just want their contact pic to show...but if I didn't want the pic to show, just their name and number, is there a way to do that??

Lastly, I have contacts that are linked with phone and Facebook...I have adjusted so the pic of the "phone" entry is what shows in "people" and in handcent...but when I receive a call, the FB pic is what shows..any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. izzy35

Come on...some of you have GOT to know what I'm talking about....Any help to stop it? It's driving me NUTS!!

3. izzy35

Bump....again.. :-(

4. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

Don't sync your contacts. If you don't want the status update, don't sync that either.
    Fixed.

izzy35 likes this.
  5. izzy35

Thanks so much...problem is, I synced them once, then unchecked the facebook friends sync as well as the status, so now, the OLD statuses are what's coming up. it's sticking with what it was when i DID sync..ANy way to wipe that memory or something?

6. bergovoy

bergovoy Active Member

hello, sorry to hijack, but how do you I uncheck facebook friends from sync'ing

but before that, how do i force a sync with facebook... i have deleted the unknown friends i had from playing stupid games.. i no longer play those games and dont want those faux friends in my list, on face book and or on my fone..

i have deleted all the faux friends, now, i need to delete them off my fone... I thought it would happen automatically after i deleted them from FB but not yet...

any help will be appreciated... truly

thanks

bill

7. izzy35

The only way I know how to delete FB from syncing is SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS and SYNC and uncheck it in there...But I have done this numerous times and some of my FB stuff is still on my phone so I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what..U might try deleting fb from the phone then reinstalling AFTER u have deleted those unwanted friends from FB from your computer, then RE-Syncing..See how that works out.

8. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

Maybe you can delete your contacts and restore them with the ones backed up with google?

9. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member

I have not noticed this issue because sadly nobody calls me :)

If I had this issue I would try the following.
    1) turn of facebook sync
    2) clear the data cache for facebook, no data nothing to display.
    3) unlink your contacts from facebook

No promises just some ideas off the top of my head.