Caller ID pics are low resolutionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I get a phone call, the caller ID pic is significantly lower resolution than it should be. I am a bit perplexed. For example, the picture I chose for my girlfriend (she doesn't have a facebook) looks fine full screen, as it's a sufficiently high resolution pic. But when she calls, it looks fuzzy, and just plain bad, as if the pic is only half-loaded. Not at all how Android normally advertises this feature, marketing screenshots show a normal caller ID photo. It makes me miss my old phone. It definitely detracts from the overall polish.

Is this how it is on all Dincs? Or is there some box I've left unchecked? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

the problem is with google. the photo syncs to them then back at a crappy resolution. it's been requested for years that they up their resolution but no response from the Googs.

3. Ovy

so is there anyway to stop it syncing with google? or are android contacts tantamount to google ones by definition?

4. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member

I'm with Ovy. Is the best thing to unlink all the Google pics and re-apply them from pics on the phone?

5. Ovy

bump :-/