1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Caller ID Quality

1. rolanddave94

rolanddave94 Member

I've tried almost most of the fixes posted around here but I can't seem to get a better quality of the Picture ID. It was a pretty good quality before and now the caller ID pictures are all pixelated even the pictures are high res. I love my Vivid but this issue bugs me. Anyone know how to fix it with the Vivid? :(

Advertisement
  2. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Well-Known Member

when I upgraded to ics it looks like the pic quality got better for caller id, but I wish I could make the picture full screen. I dont know why it has to be a small box.

there are some app in google market that can do that also.
  3. rolanddave94

rolanddave94 Member

Before this happened, I factory reseted because there was something that I didnt know how to fix but now after restoring everything back. The quality became bad...
  4. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

Select a contact to edit.Choose a picture from your gallery.Here it will give you the option to size the image.Make it as big as you can and see if that makes the quality look better.Make sure you hit save when finished editing the contact.
  5. rolanddave94

rolanddave94 Member

Nothing really happened. I can still see the pixels even in the Peoples widget. I can tell the difference. Before I save, it looks fine but when I click Save, it turns to a different quality. :(
  6. rolanddave94

rolanddave94 Member

Looks like im gonna have to factory reset again and back my contacts up without using an app.
  7. rolanddave94

rolanddave94 Member

Factory reseted and still did nothing. Still pixel contact ID....
  8. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

Image size needs to be a better resolution.
    What size are the images your using for contacts?
    When you select an image to use for a contact you must stretch the edit box big as it will go then hit save.
    The images in the contact widget won't update the image until you use it to open each contact.Try to add images to your contacts before placing the contact widget on one of your screens.
  9. rolanddave94

rolanddave94 Member

I don't really know the dimensions but most of my the pictures that I use are 5mp and 8mp. After my second factory reset, i set my contacts first including their picture ID before putting them in the widget.