Caller ID - Rogers specificSupport

Last Updated:

1. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, Rogers andorid customers, quick question: Will your Android phone (I have HTC Magic) _still_ display the names/photos of callers (Who are IN YOUR CONTACTS) even if you aren't paying for caller ID from Rogers?

The reason I ask is, I _am_ paying for caller ID from Rogers, but I only see caller's name/number displayed if they are in my contacts already. If they aren't in my contacts, no info is displayed. I don't want to waste money on Caller ID if I don't need it.

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

htc magic wont display those even you pay for it. That's why I changed it already. Im told its the device not capable of doing it.

3. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

@Moreyummy: My phone displays the numbers and photos/names of incoming calls _if_ they appear in my contacts list on my phone.

What I want to know is, if i cancel Call Display with Rogers, will incoming calls from my contacts still be displayed (number/name)?

Does that feature (displaying contact info for incoming calls from people in my contacts list) depend on the phone/os, or is it because of Rogers Call Display.

Thanks.

4. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

Hi,

You should not get name display from those not in your contact list. Im not sure about those in the contact list. That's why I changed back to basic call display. I found out this by calling the technical support to fix the name display issue, but they told me that's not possible on htc magic, its the device's issue. Im not sure its because of the OS or the software, or the compatibility between magic and rogers.

So in the end, i drop the name display and take call display. The end result is same, i can still see name/# from those in my list. Those not in the contact list shows numbers only.

If you arent 100%, you probably ask them that if you can change back to name display within a few days to test if it works as it should be. I did these changes/testing on first few days when I received the device.

5. Shinochan

Shinochan New Member

Hello, I recently got the HTC Magic from Rogers (Canada) last week without Call Display with Name Display. If you don't have Call Display with Name Display, whoever is calling you will show up as "Unknown" regardless of whether they are in your contact list. I've tried this on both vanilla Magic and custom Hero ROM w/ firmware 1.6 and still get "Unknown" from contacts list.

I'm still looking for solutions but seems pretty close to null.

This is the biggest (yet only) gripe I have with the phone compared to my old less able Sony Ericsson.

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

This probably is not your phone ... more like the Carrier is not sending (blocking) that data to your phone ...

7. oscicluna

oscicluna New Member

Good day, I really missed this feature myself when I switched to an Android device but 2 devices later, I found that the Samsung Galaxy S supports Name Call Display on the Rogers network. I always thought this was an android limitation and not the manufacture but I am starting to think twice about that.

So, if you want Name Call Display to work on your Android phone and, then get the Samsung Galaxy S. No carries in Canada carry the device (YET) but it can easily be found on eBay.

Hope this helps. :)

8. GreatBigDog

GreatBigDog Well-Known Member

deleted