1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Caller ID settings based on whitelist/blacklist?

Last Updated:

1. toskala

toskala New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 18, 2009

I wonder if there is any application which allows me to define a list of contacts that should not receive my phone number when they are called.
    Or otherwise: a list of friends that may see my caller ID, everone else not.

The reason for this is easy: I use my android phone on work but I don't want all customers have my private number just because they receive a call from my mobile phone.

I tried adding *31# before a contacts phone number which actually works, it disables the caller ID for the next call, but incoming numbers don't match the deposited phone number in the phonebook so I can't see who's calling I just see a number.

Is there a solution to my problem? If there isn't an automatic way to do this, maybe there is a quick-switch application I can place on my phone: hit once to toggle caller ID on/off...

2. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Prefixer by 253 below (available in the Market) will do exactly what you want. You can set up a list of numbers (including wild cards, in case you want to include/exclude your whole office, for example) and Prefixer will add whatever number you want to the beginning (e.g. caller-id block or unblock). First rate programming.