Caller ID shortcut (outgoing calls)?

Last Updated:

1. Heroine

Heroine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    Anyone know if there is there a method to quickly withhold your number for outgoing calls as and when neccessary? Currently I do it via home/menu/settings/call settings/additional call settings/caller ID *phew* :eek:
    Ideally I would like to be able to toggle caller ID on/off from one of the homescreens..is that possible?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I don't know of any app to do that as it would be carrier specific. Most carriers use the code 141 though, so if you put 141 before the number you are calling it will block your number.

Heroine likes this.
  3. Heroine

Hi Bluenova, yeah I did try that initially as I know it works using landlines. Didn't withhold using my (TM) mobile tho. Just double checked again now and still no joy I'm afraid. :(
    Thanks.

4. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Try *67, if that fails try...

1167, *31*, #31#, 3651

They are all common codes for temporary disabling caller id.

If none of those work only option left is to call T-Mobile and ask for the code. They might fob you off saying you have to disable CallerID through the menus but all that does is send a carrier code, there is always a code behind the carrier phone options.

5. Heroine

None of those worked.
    I called TM and they said yes there is a code and it's 141.:rolleyes: Explained that doesn't work from my handset and they said only other option is the long winded version I am currently using. Would be interested to know if 141 works for anyone else using TM if anyone feels like checking it out. :confused:.
    Thanks again for trying to help Bluenova...appreciated.

6. thingymabobus

thingymabobus New Member

The closest I have got is to download the "Any Cut" App (Free) then add a shortcut to the "Activity" called "GSM Call settings" on the home screen.

This cuts out the home/menu/settings/call settings/additional call settings/ part and takes you straight to the Caller ID option.

Hope this helps.