• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Not sure why but when I receive a call I get Caller ID from my contact list that doesn't always make sense. For example I have my home phone number listed as Home and it is also a number in my Wife's contact list. When I receive a call from my home number it shows up as my wife instead of home. Another example is my office number is linked to all of my coworkers. When I receive a call from the office it shows one of my coworkers as the caller ID. In this case on my BB curve the person earliest in the alphabet would show up which made sense but now it is completely random. Anyway to tell the phone who is the default for caller id?

Hope this makes sense.

That's odd. I guess if I was the phone I'd be confused too though! LOL I've never listed a number under multiple people. I'd say just decide which place you'd like the number and put it there. Like home should just be under home and work should just be under work. Why have it listed multiple times? If you want to call home it'd be easier to look up home then go to your wife and pick which of her numbers to call... at least I would think.. plus it would fix your issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones