caller specific ringtone not always workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. vry5

vry5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Please forgive me, but I can not find the answer in search or "similar thread" suggestion mode...

I set a ringdroid custom ringtone for my wife's phone calls. A few times in the last week, her call will not activate that ringtone, instead just ringing the default.

Also, the last call didn't even have her Caller ID or photo... just the phone number... it's like it didn't recognize she was a contact at all???

The only thing I can think of was I was using the music player when she called... is is possibly the "cut-in" that caused the disconnect? Don't know, but I've tried to duplicate it, and it reverts back to "normal" every time I try...

Just wondering if anyone else has a suggestion... didn't really find an answer out there already.

Advertisement
  2. droidx

droidx Well-Known Member

yea that happend to me to using ringdroid, heres what i did

make a folder called ringtones on the sd card root

manually place the ringtones in there, and then when you want to use or set them, they will come from there, i had that too, i loaded the ringer from ringdroid, or it just didnt work, so i make that folder and place the ringers in there, and volia, all done. works the same for notifications, if you want like the you lose from the price is right for the email, just make that folder under on sd card root called notifications and place them in there, and when you go to settings>sound and display, they will show up, i hope that helped, email me if you have a problem

3. vry5

thanks for the advice, but it seems I already have a folder: media, audio, ringtone. that is where the ring droid files were saved. would you suggest getting rid of the media, audio?

4. droidx

droidx Well-Known Member

I would try that, just copy what's in there and make those two folders called ringtoned and notifications on the root and then see what happens that's what I did and the caller ringers come through everytime maybe its diff for others but that's what I did let me know what happens

5. vry5

thanks droidx, I'll try it tomorrow and update. I appreciate the input

6. bigkai

bigkai New Member

Same exact problem making folders on root gonna give it a try

7. JJdaCool

JJdaCool Member