1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Calling all Android pros. Need help very soon.

1. zek9796

zek9796 Member

Okay so this past weekend I broke the LCD on my Galaxy S III and I took some pictures that morning that i really want but I never saved any messages or pictures to the SD card. (The touch screen does not work either so taking screenshots willnot work) So my question is this: is there some way I can go on my computer or anything to recover those messages and/or the pictures? And I don't want to have to pay for a new screen either. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

If im understanding you correctly you should be able to connect your phone to the pc via usb. It should then come up that you can explore your files. Navigate until you find DCIM and i think it should be in there.

This is only if you have a windows laptop/PC
  3. zek9796

zek9796 Member

See that's what I tried but theblast pictures in there were from before I got this phone (they were already on the card) when I connect the Usn to the phone itself it says that its only a media device and has nothing in it.
  4. zek9796

zek9796 Member

See its because I have a screen lock on it. Its rooted. I know there has to be some way to get them somehow. Come on I'm no dev but there has to be someway to access it or control the phoenix or something. Anything.
  5. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

You can have the screen replaced without losing the data on the phone. If the screen is broken badly enough you won't be able to unlock or select "connect as a drive" which is what you will need to do to move files to the pc.
  6. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Simple look for the java screencast. You should be able to control your phone provided that you have debug mode enabled and are rooted. Google how to control android via pc
  7. zek9796

zek9796 Member

I cant replace the screen. I already have the insurance replacement so unless there is a way to get a refund then that option is out the window.
  8. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

You can take the device to your carrier and have them do a data transfer possibly.