• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calling android method in unity

kami_uetian

Lurker
Jun 21, 2013
I have 2 question

1- does it necessary for the method that we are calling from unity to be plcesd in the mainActivity, Or we can make any activity static and call the the function present in those activities? Also i read in different forums about this that you should change the manifest file and make your plugin activity the main activity. Is it necessary to do it or we can call without doing this.

2- my second question is what if I want to call the unity function from android application. Can i do this by inporting the unity project in android and then call the unity scriot function from the android activity.

I have already successfully called a function in unity from android. but in this i made android project the plugin. Now i wan to do it the opposite i.e making the unity project plugin in eclipse.

At i should mention that i am creating a vuforia unity project not a simple unity project.

I have 2 question

1- does it necessary for the method that we are calling from unity to be plcesd in the mainActivity, Or we can make any activity static and call the the function present in those activities? Also i read in different forums about this that you should change the manifest file and make your plugin activity the main activity. Is it necessary to do it or we can call without doing this.

2- my second question is what if I want to call the unity function from android application. Can i do this by inporting the unity project in android and then call the unity scriot function from the android activity.

I have already successfully called a function in unity from android. but in this i made android project the plugin. Now i wan to do it the opposite i.e making the unity project plugin in eclipse.

At i should mention that i am creating a vuforia unity project not a simple unity project.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you developing for an app? if so then you need to go here: Application Development - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones