1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling Built in Quick Lookup Application

Last Updated:

1. weizilla

weizilla Active Member This Topic's Starter

After you select a word, you have the option to copy it, look it up or share it. I find the built in quick lookup app pretty awesome since it has wikipedia, translate and dictionary all combined into one. However, I can't figure out how to open the application directly to lookup other words. And typing in words in the quick search box doesn't look it up either. Any ideas?

I'm on Droid Incredible

Advertisement
  2. mogulust

mogulust Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure this out as well. There has to be a way to add it to the apps list. After you use it via the browser it shows up in the recent apps box. Hopefully this gets figured out!

3. mogulust

so I found the quicklookup apk in the system/app directory but it won't launch as its own program. Anyone know how to make this work as a shortcut??

4. mogulust

Any progress on this?

5. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody's managed to develop a shortcut or widget for this. I've always thought it was one of HTC's more useful bright ideas (and they have quite a few).

I mean, if it were easier to access, it would render dedicated Wikipedia, translation and dictionary apps unnecessary all at once.