• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calling fellow UK men and women - any of you received a VAT bill yet?

As the title suggests - any body from the UK received a VAT bill yet for their shiny N1?

I received mine exactly a week ago and haven't received mine yet (not that I'm complaining). Interested to find out how much it comes too.
Thanks for pulling this out of the other thread and into the open Martin. I await my bill as said before.

Upvote 0
From what ive read on a few message boards, its looking like the people who have had their box opened by customs will get a charge. Those who have not like myself ;) have got away with it.
Dont take this as gospel but i believe its true.
Hmmm, I'd be surprised if that was the case. Can you link to these other forums please?
It'd be great if it was true!

Upvote 0
I don't think they need to open the box as the VAT stuff will all be processed through DHL. DHL know what they are shipping so they'll have to arrange paperwork accordingly.

Exactly.

nexus-vat.png

Upvote 0
Important question, was the VAT invoice sent via Royal Mail, or by DHL? I only ask because DHL don't deliver to my house, they can't find it. That's ok as I can go to the depot to pick up the phone, but I don't want the VAT bill to go missing because DHL get lost on the way to my house!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones