Calling issue, phone or network?Support

Last Updated:

1. Renat

Renat Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there all!

Not sure if this is a phone issue or network but I think it's the phone.
    The problem is, when I try to make a call, I select a number and it displays "Dialing", then I wait few seconds and it displays "Call ended" and ends the call.
    No dialling tone or anything....It does it A LOT. And people cannot get hold of me as well. Therefore I miss a lot of calls.

I tried switching my SIM card to another phone and its better.

Anything I can do? :( SO annoying, damn expensive phone and cannot use it properly.

I am on Three network, UK.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

is it an old sim card? if so, maybe just need a new one! otherwise, maybe try mess with mobile network settings..

3. Renat

Well its a contract SIM card and yes its pretty old.
    You think this may be an issue? Because on other phone it works good. I have some network issues but not like on Xperia where I cannot call anyone....

4. TheManWithAPlan

when you say pretty old.. how long r we talkin?

5. Renat

Well I had the contract for like 3-4 years:) Same SIM card.
    But I dont really think it's SIM card issue.

P.S - Just done a reset to a phone, and it did not help. I had a network for few minutes but then "No service" :((((

6. TheManWithAPlan

that is pretty old.. but i wouldnt put sim card issue to the side.. on older phones it might work fine but ive seen people who have noticed alot of difference from old sim to new sim. hmm maybe you have a spare sim you can use for testing purposes..? worth a shot!

7. Renat

Changed the SIM, still same shit happening.

8. TheManWithAPlan

ouch! guess im outta answers lol maybe it is the phone afterall.. gues the only way to properly find out is by using a different network providers sim card --if its unlocked that is--

9. Madmax56

Madmax56 Well-Known Member

I am in Canada and running my phone unlocked on Telus. I had to change my SIM card and get an HPSA sim card to properly access their network. Not sure where you are or if this helps...

10. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

You answered your own question mate :p

Remember they claim to be the best at mobile internet not mobile voice calls, I only say this as I'm on 3 in the UK and suffered the same problem on my old LG KC910 then upgraded to the X10 and Im yet to suffer it and no more random voice mails when I have a full signal as who ever called was sent to voice mail and the odd call would reach the phone :eek:

Odd though that I had the issue with the KC910 and not on the X10 yet you have issues on the X10 and not in another phone :confused:

EDIT: My SIM card is from 06 so 4 years old

11. Renat

Thanks for your replies guys!

After today, I think its network not the phone.
    All day I called people without a problem but in the evening same shit happened again.

My mother also told me she couldn't call me or other people with her phone (On 3 as well) all day, it just dropped before even starting to call, same as my phone did.

As I am talking to you, I have no network at all.

What I will do is, take another phone for a day and see if it's better, if not then I'll send my phone for repair.

12. Renat

After a long time testing few other phones, I figured out that it was an network issue. After a week time, everything works perfectly now, on Xperia.

Thanks for your help guys:)

13. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Glad you got it sorted. I have had some issues with my X10 and unfortunately had to get it exchanged. I'm also biased towards (or against :s) Three. Having worked in a phone shop a few years back, 99% of phone problems, were phones on Three. I'm not (or wasnt anyway) as bad about them now though but, after reading this, it seems to me they havent changed, so now i can go back to b*tching about them :p. Also helpful though because, Three have the best offer for the X10 Mini which I was gonna get my partners mum...not any more :s.

I also have to say, its sort of a relief for me. I'm worried my replacement phone will do the same, which is why I came reading this thread actually.

14. jonnie

jonnie Active Member

Exact same thing happens with my x10, ive just learned to live with it at this stage.