Calling issue w/my Droid 2Support

Last Updated:

1. morissettem

morissettem New Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue as me. I just got my Droid 2 a few days ago and I've had issues calling people and receiving calls after I use some aps. I can call people, but there's nothing but silence on my end. No ringing or anything. I know the call is going through, because the person on the other end tried answering it. Then they would call back, my phone would ring, but when I answer I hear nothing but silence. If I shut the phone off and then turn it back on, the problem is fixed and I can talk. Anyone know what the deal is?

Advertisement
  2. LavenderPekoe

LavenderPekoe Member

Oh, God no. That is the silent call bug that HTCs were having. One of the reasons I am getting rid of my Eris (I have updated it with the latest radio that is supposed to fix the issue, though, so I am not selling a buggy phone). I really hope it isn't going to haunt the D2 as well.

morissettem likes this.
  3. morissettem

morissettem New Member This Topic's Starter

I've also had issues with texting where the person on the other end gets some weird jumbled mess. Every other character was a question mark. Something like a bad game of hangman. This only happened once though. Not sure if it was a problem with my phone on the sending end or the phone on the receiving end (an old iPhone).

4. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Can't say that I've had an issue.

5. infil

infil Well-Known Member

the eris issue(former eris owner here as well) from what HTC told me was a glitch in the verizon additions to the sense ui platform and not an android related issue.

I know i've cheeked the mute button a few times on the d2 since getting it, the prox sensor does not seem as responsive as on the HTC devices.