Calling problemsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Slewman

Slewman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone having problems when making phone calls? all weekend, including yesterday, i tried making phone calls and for some reason my microphone and ear speaker did not work.

I hit send on the number i was trying to call, i felt the phone vibrate which usually means the phone has connected and is dialing, but i would hear no ringing, nothing. I have tested it on a friends phone and he does successfully receive the phone call, but when he answers it he cant hear me at all, and i cant hear him.

is this a network issue or a phone issue? i am using leak 2.1 v2

anyone experiencing anything similar?

Advertisement
  2. chatch

chatch Active Member

Yea, I'm having the same problem. the mic, speaker, wont fix until i reboot, i had this on the first leak as well.

3. Slewman

Slewman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ive now found another problem. some people just cant send me text messages. it keeps telling them that the message was denied..

bah why is this happening! should i be thinking about returning this phone?

4. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

The audio problem has been around since the first 2.1 leak. It cleared up completely for some folks on 2.1b. I am on 2.1b and it has happened twice to me in the past 2 weeks(ish).

It clears up if you reboot the phone. Does that work for you as well?

can you send sms messages?

5. bigbohizzle

bigbohizzle Active Member

yea I have been having the same problem. I want to throw the phone sometimes. Hope that this gets fixed with the OTA. It is really annoying.

6. swest6602

swest6602 Member

I get the same problem. I am running 2.0.1 with GDE but I do have the Launcher2 app (2.1 without root) installed. Just curious and no idea if there is a relationship but are those of you who have had this issue using Google Voice?

7. kevhow

kevhow Well-Known Member

I avoided this bug for the few weeks I was using the first 2.1 leak. I upgraded to the new leak last week and everything was ok until yesterday. Twice yesterday I had this problem. Reboot fixed it both times.

@swest6602: I am not using Google Voice

8. erjennin

erjennin Active Member

I have the same issue... is there a fix for it? I am missing calls and I don't even know it.

Is there a way to go back to 1.5 from this leak?

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I am wondering if any of those with this serious bug have an app installation in common, or combination of more than one app, which could be interfering with the phone, text and sound software.

Have any of you tried removing apps you may have installed between the time it was running ok and when it began to glitch?

Note: I would suspect task killers/managers right off the bat

10. erjennin

erjennin Active Member

I suspected the same thing, so I uninstalled "advanced task killer" a few hours ago. So far so good, but I'll keep you posted.

11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Cool.

Good luck; I hope that is all there is to this. Perhaps others will be able to solve it that easily as well.

12. chatch

chatch Active Member

I dont use a task killer, just have normal apps installed, but i never realize that its actually happening untill my wife or my boss calls me like the third time......really pisses me off. I can deal with all the other bugs, as long as the PHONE part of the phone works...

13. erjennin

erjennin Active Member

Update: My phone did it again after uninstalling task killer... I don't know what's causing this so I'm gonna try and re-intall 2.1 v2.

14. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that it has happened immediately after ending another call? For example, today, I got a call from someone who was attempting to make a delivery at my house and couldn't find it. I wasn't at home so I told them I would call my husband and have him step outside, and when I hung up with the delivery guy and immediately dialed my husband. Couldn't hear the phone ringing, and he couldn't hear me talking. Just wondering.

15. chatch

chatch Active Member

Not necessarily after a call for me, mine sometimes stops ringing/vibrating. Yesterday it rang, i picked up and had no sound, they called back, no sound, more no sound until I rebooted.

16. mrichick

mrichick Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem on both leaks as well. I do not have Google voice or any task killers installed, and did factory resets before each flash. The pattern for me has been always at the end of the work day on my way home...bluetooth on, car charger plugged in, not trying to mulitask, just make a phone call. Reboot always fixes it, but it's extremely frustrating. :mad:

17. erjennin

erjennin Active Member

I don't want to jinx myself, but I just redownloaded the zip file and re-installed 2.1 v2 and i've noticed the phone is a lot quicker and it hasn't done the "no speaker/sound" thing.

18. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

this is why i haven't installed the latest leak. had this problem with the first one and it drove me insane. i had it fairly often with 1.5 as well, but with 2.1 it was really bad. had the phone replaced. until recently i figured it was more my phone than anything else considering i wasn't hearing as much about this before and i had the problem with 1.5. but it seems it's really largely software related, i guess. though there doesn't seem to be anything in common yet amongst those with the issue. seriously hope they fix this major major bug before they start sending out the OTA. i'd rather not even have 2.1 if this is what it's got to offer.

19. Morkai Almandragon

Morkai Almandragon Well-Known Member

Uh.. who all is having this problem and uses a BT headset? I was in the middle of a call, and when I switched off my BT to switch to speaker phone, I got bugged mid call.

I have noticed when I call, and have my BT on, the first ring is almost always heard through the speaker on the phone. Could it be all of us having this bug all the time are using a BT device? Could just having BT enabled cause this?

20. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member

I deal with this daily, and ive found no common occurances. For me it happens after a few calls. Ill be on the phone with someone, and as soon as i hangup, ill up the volume to see if its still working and bam no audio response.

I have no task killers, limited apps. I use BT at home with my cordless phone but turn it off when i leave. And it happens with it off, or on. Such a pain in the ass.

21. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried using an advanced volume app (like cVolume Light) to check whether one of the unseen volume settings is getting changed without our consent? I installed that particular app but haven't experienced the bug anytime recently, so I haven't had a chance to check yet.

22. mrichick

mrichick Well-Known Member

I checked using audiomanager...

23. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

How would that explain the part about the party on the other end of the call not being able to hear you?

24. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

THIS HAPPENED TO ME 5 TIMES YESTERDAY!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I know I'm the idiot that upgraded... but seriously???

Has anyone found a true answer to this problem?

25. Morkai Almandragon

Morkai Almandragon Well-Known Member

How about custom input... Keyboard or voice. Anyone here not have either of these?