• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (CALLINGALLDEVS)(READ)So here we are...still obliviously writing things(me not you)

am i a jackass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SPHM900

Dec 15, 2014
Rooted, With V3 LG Volt, Debating if i should download the V4 update and lose root.

So here is my problem.

This phone is AMAZING!
I cant DEV
[{(Life=Sad) < life with android forum}>crack life]

So ive had this phone for awhile. Got it with V4, downgraded to V3, rooted, V4, then bricked. Forgot how i kept STOCK v4 with root. Someone tell me how i can update to V4 without flashing any new roms? is there a ZIP that will reenable SU access in V4? also.

Someone has to think about kernel DEV. This phone needs voltage control. it already has the ability to make swap files! which i will post a link. greatest thing ever that script. 4GB of ram on this thing and its like a GS7
(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2359182) (as i said the link to making the script full user guide in link)

so im setting a bar for this phone.

It needs.

Custom ROM (i personally like Google Play Edition things but a nice CWM would be awesome too)
Custom Kernel (so i research and do more and more but i just cant go beyond simple script commands. no way i can write this!)
ALL THE LITTLE NICE NICE THINGS THAT MAKE AWESOME ROMS AWESOME!

CUSTOM PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY PLEASE!!!(cuz yeahh philzz :D) atleast get it to boot and, do all its, recovery...stuff...

PLEASE!!!! since i cant use my GS4 anymore, when this thing has swap files made it feels (not looks unfortonatly) like my old phone! runs smooth as hell! but i hate bloatware, and i need more control over my C(G)PU's!!!!

lots of love from an old, but very noobish XDA member. and now a new and still very noobish androidforum member!!!

its sad how XDA is not even LOOKING at this phone for development. this site is one of the only few that actually recognizes the potential! seriously. i love you guys right now

Last edited:
Do you know how to use your phone? Can you read English.

sadly no. i just kinda bash my head against the keyboard until something works. usually doesnt lol

alsoo....i dont mean to be sarcastic or sound like an asshole or anything but really i just have no time to learn something new immediatly. im devoted to android and rooting so ill always be learning but untill the day i can actually write something myself, i need the help of those who know MUCH more than i do about this stuff...

Upvote 0
That's the thing, none of us really know what we are doing that well. We know enough to be dangerous lol. Its gonna take time to get things running, look how long it took from bump announce to release, and now the g3 is still working on getting working cm nightlies set up for the different devices.

The difference between devs and users is the devs have a drive to create, find your drive and create something. Find some way you can help and things will get done faster. If we all throw everything we have at this, working stuff will be done sooner.

We have stock rooted and debloated Roms, a custom kernel, philz, twrp, cwm and cwm touch, and a semi working cm11. Not sure what else your asking for, because everything you asked for except more custom kernel stuff we already have.

I'm one guy. I do what I can and so does everyone else who contributes here, but its hard to Dev much with real life constantly needing attention. So basically, WYSIWYG unless you make it yourself. Not trying to be mean or anything, but please don't ask for the world if your not willing to give up some time to learn to Dev and contribute.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's the thing, none of us really know what we are doing that well. We know enough to be dangerous lol. Its gonna take time to get things running, look how long it took from bump announce to release, and now the g3 is still working on getting working cm nightlies set up for the different devices.

The difference between devs and users is the devs have a drive to create, find your drive and create something. Find some way you can help and things will get done faster. If we all throw everything we have at this, working stuff will be done sooner.

We have stock rooted and debloated Roms, a custom kernel, philz, twrp, cwm and cwm touch, and a semi working cm11. Not sure what else your asking for, because everything you asked for except more custom kernel stuff we already have.

I'm one guy. I do what I can and so does everyone else who contributes here, but its hard to Dev much with real life constantly needing attention. So basically, WYSIWYG unless you make it yourself. Not trying to be mean or anything, but please don't ask for the world if your not willing to give up some time to learn to Dev and contribute.

Inspiration in a can (web browser whatever)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones