• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calls and Texts not recieved when phone is off.

mrstef513

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
I noticed that when I have my phone turned off it will not display any text messages or phone calls that I missed while the phone was powered down. I have to make sure this phone is left on at all times or I could miss an important message.

I tried to send myself a voice mail from my house line and it took the message, but when I turned my cell back on there was no evidence of any calls coming in.

Is this a setting issue?
A carrier issue?
Or a phone issue?

I used to have T-mobile and never had this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Your missed calls will never show up when your phone is powered off AFAIK. Voice mails from missed calls I would think you would receive a notification shortly after powering it back on. The same should apply to messages you received while the device is powered off. Shorty after powering it back on, it should sync with your provider and notify you.

This is how any phone I have owned has worked, smart or dumb so I would say it is a technology thing. A powered off device is unable to know what is going on in the world while it is powered off. I have not, however, used T-Mobile so I am not sure if they did something for their customers in this regards on the carrier side.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones