Calls being dropped and a few other issues - any advice please

Last Updated:

1. ken-doh

ken-doh Active Member This Topic's Starter

I love the Hero - dont get me wrong - I am running the latest orange rom...

but I have a few issues- hopefully some one can help me solve...

1 - Dropped calls - no matter who or where I am calls drop about 25% of the time. I can be sitting at home doing nothing but talking then drop.. it happens alot.. starting to annoy me..

2 - Failed to send texts - I am having a text conversation then a random message stops and wont deliver - retry - retry again - wait a minute or 2 and retry - it works.... this is getting very anoying.. again about 25% of the time.

3 - Internet connection - (3g) - after about 4 or 5 clicks it will lock up and display page not found... wait about a minute - retry and again it works... this is about 40% of the time

4 - my friend sends me a text message/ missed call with a new number. I cant add it to an existing contact - it only allows you to add a new contact. plus copy and paste doesnt work at these points. - i end up having to write the number down and then edit the contact.

5- T9 - when I add a word to the library - it doesnt remember the word in my text - I have to type it in again and then it predicts it (minor but annoying)

this phone is awsome as a gadget - but pretty crap as a phone. any one got any advice on how to help ?

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Have you contacted orange ?.

3. ken-doh

ken-doh Active Member This Topic's Starter

NO - my friend also has one and he also has the same issues....

I was assuming its a problem accross the range is this not the case?

4. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

With regards the connection issues, you might have already considered/checked this, but are you sure the SIM card is locked in place correctly?

After about a week of having mine (on UK Vodafone) it started playing up and I really couldn't work out what was wrong. I popped the back off and removed the battery and the SIM card just slid out. I put it back in the cradle and pushed the cradle fully back in place and I've not had a problem since. As it's not happened since, I don't think it was a design fault, I'd just not click the cradle fully across so it locked and hence it had worked loose, the SIM was fully connected with the phone.

Just a thought.

Chegs.