Calls go Straight to VoicemailSupport

Last Updated:

1. smguy101

smguy101 Well-Known Member

I recieved a Bionic about 4 days ago as a replacement for my Droid Charge which had automute problems. Whenever I recieve calls, the phone doesn't ring and goes straight to voicemail.
    Am I the only one with this problem and is there a fix out there?

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

With the Home page displayed go to Settings | Sound
    If Silent mode is checked un-check it
    Select a tone in Phone ringtones

... Thom
  3. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

Are you receiving a signal? with no or low bars it will go straight to voicemail.
  4. smguy101

Yeah I did that the first day I had the phone and I have a pretty decent and consistent 4G signal. THe phone doesnt ring at all. The only way I know I received a call is by the notification indicating I have a voicemail.
  5. Duckster

Duckster Well-Known Member

Try going to a contact that you know for sure this is happening with.

1. Select the contact to get contact history and phone number.
    2. Select Submenu (bottom far left button) and then select Options.
    3. Make sure that under Incoming Calls, you do not have "Send Calls Directly To Voicemail" checked.
    ishtiq likes this.
  6. smguy101

thanks for the help guys. Turns out when I switched from my Charge to the Bionic, it somehow activated call forwarding
  7. ishtiq

ishtiq New Member

Thanks.. It worked for me. You made my day!!

BR//
    Duckster likes this.
  8. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

Maybe they "Sly Dialed" you! I do it all the time when I want to leave a message for somebody and don't want to talk to them.

More details are at slydial.com but basically you dial a phone number (from your mobile phone), you listen to an advertisement, you enter the phone number you want to leave a message at, and the call will go directly to the other person's mobile voicemail.

It works great!!!

EDIT: You have a 2 minute time limit. BTW, I know some other "slicker" ones, besides this that I use. I can call somebody and make any number I want to appear on their caller ID.
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Lol - yeah, I (can) do that via Google Voice :p

I opt to send my actual GV number instead, though.
  10. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

Which app are you talking about?