Calls not gettting through

Last Updated:

1. jan2lid

jan2lid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have missed 5 incoming calls today (my children trying to contact me, my phone was on silent). There was NO notification on the notification bar to inform me that I had had missed calls.
    I have SMSToMailbox setup (which informs me that I have had missed calls, but, up to half an hour later than the call should have came through, it's still a great program though!), so I eventually found out they were trying to contact me.
    Since getting home, I have called my phone a number of times from my landline, all got through, BUT the 'missed call' notification on the notification bar only stayed there for a maximum of 2 seconds! (I disabled SMSToMailbox during the test).
    I wondered if it might be one of the applications that I have downloaded that may be interfering with the notification not staying where it should be. SO, I uninstalled the 'Phonebook' address book app, and, low and behold, the notification stayed in place when I phoned from my landline and hung up.
    I wonder, maybe some of the 'faults' we may find on the Hero (or other Android phones), may be down to what we actually download onto them!

Advertisement
  2. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

I use Missed Reminder, which has settings for reminders for SMS, Calls and MMS messages. It is a great app which I would not do without. In theory you can set the colour of the LED, but this does not appear to work on the Hero.

3. jan2lid

jan2lid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that, I may take a look. :)