• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calls,sms for project fi

bill heath

Lurker
May 2, 2016
hello everyone,

i am 16 turning 17 in september getting my first smart phone and my own carrier service my mother is making me earn it all which iam happy too do so been working since my birthday.. i have my nexus 6p on it way and project fi sim card.. i have done some research on fi and have the basics but seem too be confused about which dialer and sms app is best too use like too stay as close to stock android as possible. i have my moms hand me down chromebook. i will have accesses to wifi almost all the time and like what google hangouts has to offer but not really sure if its the best way to go and how it works for fi users. my plan is for 1 gb thru fi. no one that iam close too uses hangouts or android all apple users including my mom and their all about face time ya no thank you, but will use hangouts if i use it. i want something that will not be going away and works well but keeping it close to the stock android vibe.... thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones