• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calls & text not working

lahner

Lurker
Mar 5, 2014
I have had Straight Talk service for about 5 months. I work 35 minutes away from my house. I have had no issue with phone service in the 5 months until today. I suddenly could not make calls or send texts. Calls get a busy signal & texts fail. Straight Talk customer service tells me that since I am not in my zip code the phone is registered to my phone is not working. Why now all of a sudden? They say my only option is to change my service zip code & get a new phone number for it to work in this area. Then it will not work when I am at home according to them. They say this happens all the time & they can't do anything. Has anyone else had this experience or have any advice? I am so frustrated & there customer service is horrible. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones