1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Calls to Check Voicemail...Unreliable

1. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member

With my previous cell phones, when I Speed Dialed either my cell phone's voicemail or my office voicemail, the calls would go through properly with my tones set up to bring me right to "You have X new messages" recording.

With my Incredible, it's not so incredible.

Here's how my office Speed Dial is set up:

1 0003333333 # pp * 00044444442222

I need the 1 because without it, the Incredible thinks i want a foreign country code.

0003333333 represents the phone number I call for voicemail for my office number.

# tells the cell to send the number

pp tells the cell to wait for two pauses until the circuitry gets to the point where I can enter my office phone number and my code to get into the voicemailbox.

the * opens the voicemail box.

00044444442222 is my office phone number (the mailbox number) plus the code.

The problem is, after successfully dialing the phone number to get to the voicemail, the 0003333333 number, at least 25% of the time nothing else happens...no tones are sent to actuate the rest of the sequence. I'm asked two more times to enter my mailbox number but no codes are sent.

Any ideas? I've messed with changing the number of pauses, but that does not make a difference.

Advertisement
  2. Patkid

Patkid Well-Known Member

try commas vs. 'p's?
  3. hakr100

Commas make no difference.
  4. mtollin

mtollin Well-Known Member

Yep. Same here. For some reason the P or "," doesn't always pause for the same amount of time. I'll dial in once, and it will wait 3 seconds, then the next time it will take an eternity.

One entry I have has 1 p, another number has 8! makes no sense.
  5. hakr100

It's a real annoyance.
  6. gnystrom

gnystrom Active Member

I had the same problem. I finally listened to the prompts that my voicemail was asking for and timed my pauses better. My pause timing was way off with what was actually being asked by my voicemail system. It took a few trys to get it correct, but now. I push a speeddial to get my main number, a couple of pauses to get my extension and three more and my password is in. All with one push of a speed dial or icon in a home screen.

I hope this helps.
  7. hakr100

The problem I have is that sometimes my Incredible sends the tones and sometimes it does not.
  8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Guys,
    I have an auto password entered and I have to pull the phone away from my ear when it gets to the point of sending the tones. Odd, but it works every time when I do that.
  9. gtdrew

gtdrew Member

Google voice ftw. I haven't listened to a vm in 2 weeks.

edit: nevermind did not realize it was for a third party vm. Google voice might still be able to do it.