• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CallTrack-show call history in calendar-AWESOME

I don't see a sync time option, however, I suspect that's because it doesn't need one. There's no need for it to sync continuously, or even periodically. Unless you make or receive a call, there's no data to sync.

I suspect it just wakes up to send call details after a call is made/received and just sleeps the rest of the time. Sleeping apps use no battery. It's just loaded and waiting for Android to notify it of an event it cares about (calls.)
Well, the problem is that it keeps syncing. The sync icon shouldn't be constantly on, but it is. Only after I disabled the app did it stop.

It sounds like for many the sync shuts off fine, but when I checked the comments for this app, it looks like my issue isn't isolated.

Upvote 0
Well, the problem is that it keeps syncing. The sync icon shouldn't be constantly on, but it is. Only after I disabled the app did it stop.

It sounds like for many the sync shuts off fine, but when I checked the comments for this app, it looks like my issue isn't isolated.

I did not have this problem before - last night it was stable.

I reset my phone and this morning the problem was there - you could watch the calendar flickering on the rapid repetitive syncs.

For the moment, I went into Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Google and disabled calendar syncing.

This might be on Google's side - it's showing that the last sync was Jul 15 - the day I installed it - but it's most definitely up to date with all calls.

It's always something.

I'll just try turning sync back on later today.

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed poorer battery life after installing this app? I am experienced a bit of a drop in my daily battery life, as of recently. I'm wondering if this is the culprit.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Yes, but as far as I can recall, I fixing by turning off constant syncing, then back on and re-synced everything, and that seemed to make the problem go away.

See if that works for you.

Upvote 0
And why would I use this app?? Because I CAN!! Freakin amazing, nice app:D

But here is what I'm hoping to do, use Jorte (calendar) app for my regular day to day stuff.

Then use let's say built in HTC Calendar for 'CallTrack' to show my call logs.

I have 2 seperate calendars in google created:

personal
call log

When I go to either calendar settings on my Evo and I select which calendar to sync with it automatically changes that setting in the other phone calendar.

for example: on my Evo open Jorte and tell it to sync my 'personal' calendar. But if I then go to 'HTC Calendar' and try to only sync "Call Logs' it will sync 'personal' and 'call logs' in both calendar apps.

If I can somehow get that to work then that'll be :cool:

Upvote 0
Yes, but as far as I can recall, I fixing by turning off constant syncing, then back on and re-synced everything, and that seemed to make the problem go away.

See if that works for you.
What exactly do you mean by "constant syncing"? Do you mean Background Data? or Auto-Sync? Or something else?

Upvote 0
What exactly do you mean by "constant syncing"? Do you mean Background Data? or Auto-Sync? Or something else?

In my case and I think in NeoteriX's it was in an never-ending sync cycle. Happened days after install.

And that was killing things for me.

You notice it by the sync signal constantly coming and going in the notifications bar - when neither you nor your phone are doing anything.

It basically got into some sort of babble loop.

Turn off background data, auto-sync, leave off for an hour. Turn both back on. Sync everything, calldesk, all of it.

Problem goes away.

That's what I did.

Upvote 0
And why would I use this app?? Because I CAN!! Freakin amazing, nice app:D

But here is what I'm hoping to do, use Jorte (calendar) app for my regular day to day stuff.

Then use let's say built in HTC Calendar for 'CallTrack' to show my call logs.

I have 2 seperate calendars in google created:

personal
call log

When I go to either calendar settings on my Evo and I select which calendar to sync with it automatically changes that setting in the other phone calendar.

for example: on my Evo open Jorte and tell it to sync my 'personal' calendar. But if I then go to 'HTC Calendar' and try to only sync "Call Logs' it will sync 'personal' and 'call logs' in both calendar apps.

If I can somehow get that to work then that'll be :cool:

That sounds odd. I don't use original calendar anymore. Try using 1 Jorte and 1 pure calendar.... this should work.

Upvote 0
That sounds odd. I don't use original calendar anymore. Try using 1 Jorte and 1 pure calendar.... this should work.

I placed the Jorte Calendar on different home screens and when you change the settings for one it changes it on the other. So it seems whatever calendar settings you select in terms of what google calendar to sync with regardless of where it's placed it will change both. Even if you choose 1 Jorte and 1 pure calendar

Upvote 0
I placed the Jorte Calendar on different home screens and when you change the settings for one it changes it on the other. So it seems whatever calendar settings you select in terms of what google calendar to sync with regardless of where it's placed it will change both. Even if you choose 1 Jorte and 1 pure calendar

i just tried it, they don't sync to the new calendar as the same thing, or vice versa.. the calendars you choose to display in each remain after save and sync. you can even place them next to each other on the home screen of your choice.

Upvote 0
i just tried it, they don't sync to the new calendar as the same thing, or vice versa.. the calendars you choose to display in each remain after save and sync. you can even place them next to each other on the home screen of your choice.

I must be doing something wrong, are both of your calendars set to sync to google or jorte?

From what I've seen CallTrack only syncs to Google Calendars, so i created s seperate calendar in gmail just for my call logs.

Now on my phone I've setup Jorte to sync with 'Google Calendar' which then shows all my calendars on the google site.

I've not seen a way to seperate this, because when I go to another home screen or same and add another jorte widget it automatically shows me the calendar of what I configured in the first jorte widget. I'm not prompted for a whole new setup.

Upvote 0
on jort, goto MENU\OPTIONS\SETTINGS\CHOOSE CALENDARS

(right beneath SELECT CALENDAR)

you can check and uncheck the ones you want to display on THAT widget.

edit: in jorte it changes on both, you can setup 2 seperate calendars on Pure Calendar, or use one of each, then it's possible to display items from different calendars on seperate widgets.

Ok, gotcha. just to be clear 'Pure Calendar' is not a free app? Is this the one your talking about:

Pure Calendar widget (agenda) - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
Ok, gotcha. just to be clear 'Pure Calendar' is not a free app? Is this the one your talking about:

Pure Calendar widget (agenda) - Android app on AppBrain

yeah, thats the one. sorry it's not free. if you decide to try it, i love it for what it's worth. it has a lot of customization options. and is very stable from a good developer. (also scrolls if you are using Launcher Pro, or ADW Launcher as your home. can't tell you how great that is.)

Upvote 0
yeah, thats the one. sorry it's not free. if you decide to try it, i love it for what it's worth. it has a lot of customization options. and is very stable from a good developer. (also scrolls if you are using Launcher Pro, or ADW Launcher as your home. can't tell you how great that is.)

Ok thanks, might be worth it. Especially after getting turned on to 'CallTrack', hope I didn't hijack this thread too much:) But received info on 2 good apps.

Love the potential to have that info available on the phone as well in the cloud, but more importantly for me, seperately.

Upvote 0
hmmm .. is this thing working on 2.2 Froyo (Galaxy S)
My phone syncs with Google C, i get all calendars downloaded, i can add event on my phone and sync it with Google C, to see it on my PC.
I have created new calendar called "Calls" and also select it in settings of Calltrack, but it doesn't get sync. No data on Google Calendar in "Calls"
I also did Sync all yesterday .. i saw an icon uploading/sync .. but nothing on G Calendar :(

Any idea?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones