1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calorie Counter - FatSecret

Last Updated:

1. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just cannot find it anywhere....I have even contacted the developer, and they actually sent me an email saying that I couldn't find it because Google activated some feature that will not allow developer phones or phones with rooted OS to download copy protected applications???

1. I don't have a rooted phone - I wish that I did but the Eris hasnt been cracked yet, and I want to fully understand if there will actually be a benefit (like moving to 2.0 if VZW doesn't release it).

Regardless, will someone be so kind to post or PM me the .apk for Calorie Counter 1.7 like this one? Calorie Counter by FatSecret v1.7.0 Application for Android | Health

It is a free app, and was first released on the G1, works on my friends DROID also - so it must work on 1.5

This is getting ridiculous - I hope they fix this soon.

Advertisement
  2. noles200

noles200 Member

I can't find it now either. I went to Androlib.com and used barcode scanner and when I click to bring me to the product it tells me product not found? I don't know how this can be. I had it on my other Droid and now I can't get it back on this one.

I hope someone can help with this.

3. stevenfstein

stevenfstein Active Member

I have it installed but at first could not fine either. Try using caps - Calorie Counter. Not sure why but it found it this way. Great app, BTW...

Regards.... Steve

4. chtamina

chtamina Well-Known Member

I'm looking for CALORIE COUNTER BY FATSECRET 1.9 as well. :(

5. mark307

mark307 Member

I loaded it a few days ago (1/9, maybe) from the Market. Now, I can't find it to recommend to a friend.

I think it is a fantastic application. What happened?

And, no, my phone is not rooted (VZW HTC Eris).

6. nekoki

nekoki Well-Known Member

I had to do a hard reset after the latest OTA update on my Eris and when I went to reload this app, I cannot find it which sucks because I used it everyday.:(

7. NeuroNY

NeuroNY Active Member

I did a search for "Calorie Counter" in the market and it was the first result. Great program btw - thanks to the OP for the heads up! For reference, I am on 2.0, if that makes any difference.

8. nekoki

nekoki Well-Known Member

No. We had it on 1.5 with the Eris but apparently the update changed it to a non-whitelisted phone. Because I had to hard reset it after the update my phone will not see some apps. I am SO disappointed because I used Calorie Counter daily. I am hoping I can find the file somewhere. It's a free app.

9. jlevy1126

jlevy1126 New Member

I am also looking for this application. I updated OTA and my non-rooted droid lost signal so I had to do a hard reset. The droid runs better with the update but i am upset that I can not find all my apps again. Is someone has this apk please post it up somewhere for us all. Its not pirating because it is a free app. So no guilt!

10. bluebirds

bluebirds Active Member

I think it's an older version (version 22), but you can find it here :
    Unofficial IT Guy (com.fatsecret.android.apk)

It works fine on my Desire.

11. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Calorie Counter shows up in the app store on the Moment. Just looked it up for a friend I recommended it to.

12. schro31185

schro31185 New Member

Still having the problem with the market looks like. My moment does not show it in the market (android 2.1, not rooted) but my wifes moment does (android 1.5).

13. dbpaddler

your problem is it's not an official 2.1 ROM and has some protection in it that doesn't allow access to all apps. There is a fix for it. Don't have the link at the moment. But it should be on one of the other forums where all the rooting info is. Or you can go back to one of the rabbit or zefie 1.5 kernels and not have the issue.

14. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Just found it on the market with my unofficial 2.1 ROM and installed. Maybe DamageControl comes with the fix you're talking about...?

15. dbpaddler

Could be. I went back to 1.5 the other week so I can imagine things are getting updated rather quick. Might give it another go if I can get DTG back on it.

16. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member