Camcorder not recording audio properly?Support

Last Updated:

1. johnnyappleseed

johnnyappleseed New Member This Topic's Starter

Think I have this one figured out but would still like to know if other Epics are acting the same way...

For me, if I am recording a video, it will not begin recording audio also UNTIL a loud noise is picked up by the microphone. From that point on, the mic is turned on.

To test, I recorded my dog playing. He didn't bark but was making some noise. I recorded him for about 20 seconds and then I snapped my fingers right next to the microphone on the phone. Then continued recording the dog for another 20 seconds or so.

Sure enough, there is no audio in the video UNTIL the point where I snapped my fingers. I don't know if this was a way to save battery power or what, but it's annoying. The mic shouldn't have to be "activated" by a sound, it should just start recording when the video starts recording, just like every other camcorder that's existed since ohhhhhh 1982 or so!

Can anyone run a test on their Epic to see if you have similar behavior? Thanks..

Advertisement
    Rapwnzel likes this.
  2. johnnyappleseed

Nobody else having this issue?

3. johnnyappleseed

One last bump on this one, thanks all...

4. CroMag

CroMag New Member

I am having this exact same problem on my Epic.

Anyone have a solution yet?

5. jwolfy

jwolfy New Member

Same prob here. I didn't notice a correlation with a loud sound making it work, just a consistent 15 seconds at the start of every video having super low and distorted audio.
    Exchanged phone today, and the new Epic works fine for audio on vids.

6. djshy

djshy Member

yep...had the same issue with a few videos of mine.... sucks...

7. suzeca

suzeca New Member

Yes mine is doing it too. I took it back to the sprint store, they took some video then suddenly the sound worked. someone must have made a reasonably loud noise and activated it. at least i know i can get it to work now if I have to ... just yell action.