Came from T-mobile (metropcs)General

1. fatalfury

fatalfury Well-Known Member

Hey hey i came from metropcs and now i got the S4 lets get the ball rollin guys :) lots of work to do :)

Advertisement
  2. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

I left Metro too. Some things are better, but some things are different. They make you pay to get caller ID at T-Mobile. WTF? But, anyway, metro phones are all prehistoric compared to this one. I really like it.
  3. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

I dont pay for caller id. What plan on you on?
  4. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

2 lines, unlimited. It's also saying I don't have data when I do and data is working, so who knows. This company seems as backwards as Metro was.
  5. sincarafan

You should call them. If you have the new simple choice plans caller id shouldnt have a charge. of course theres always free apps like mr number where you dont really even need t-mobiles caller id.

When I got my S4 it said I had no data plan either, but mine wasnt working. They had it in the system as a Blackberry. lol

I've been with t-mobile for a good 10 years and this was the first issue I've had with them. I switched to Metro for a month. Big mistake. Couldnt even call in my house. lol
  6. fatalfury

fatalfury Well-Known Member

Yea im getting the same ordeal that i have to pay for caller id as well WTF!
  7. Kamex009

Kamex009 Member

Hey guys, I'm doing the switch as well (Metro -> Tmobile) , so I'm hoping to get better reception when I travel south to SD and even in TJ , we'll see how the tethering goes with Tmo since with Metro I was getting great 4G speeds and no data caps ! hahahaha :smokingsomb::smokingsomb:
  8. $ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer Well-Known Member

lol Why are you switching? They will eventually become the same network.
  9. sincarafan

Not 100% true. Metro will still run its own side. Yes Metro is now rolling out gsm phones that will run on t-mobiles network, but only in select markets. A full network change from cdma to gsm wont take effect for a good 2 years in a lot of areas and a lot of people don't want to wait. In my area t-mobile and metro are night and day when it comes to service and signal.
  10. laroLARO

laroLARO Member

Metro finally has em now! They haven't trickled down to the privately owned stores yet, but the corporate stores should have them. Hoping that the T-Mobile root works for Metro as it seems thats the model they're selling:
  11. mjlove209

mjlove209 Well-Known Member

I also swithed from metro to tmobile and got the s4. Now i dont get fast 4g like I did with metro. I hardly get 4g anywhere nd with metro I got it everywhere I went. Tmobile better get better data coverage like they said at the end of 2013 or im swithing back!!!!!! :mad:

Nd im in northern/central california
  12. pmb116

pmb116 Well-Known Member

Has them in "select markets"
  13. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Metros new GSM phones and BYOD will have the same exact coverage as Tmobiles native coverage GSM & HSPA & LTE everything with the same speeds, the coverage for metro GSM customers isn't only in the select markets those are just the places that theyre being sold from because of supply issues.
  14. mjlove209

mjlove209 Well-Known Member

I hope so cus I had metro nd it was super fast. So tmobile will be as fast in my area like metro? 4glte?
  15. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

The current metro areas overlapping with tmobile LTE are in the process of having their spectrum combined and the speeds went from a max of 12-16mbps to averages of 30+mbps but anywhere your getting 4G with tmobile you should be good.
  16. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

Thread moved. OP notified.

Carry on folks :)