Camera 360 - Better Picture Quality?General

Last Updated: 2010-08-23 19:10:16
  1. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Nope. The both came out crappy. Just in different ways. lol. :eek:

[​IMG]
    Stock Camera - Shaky, but in focus.

[​IMG]
    Camera 360 - Didn't focus right, but not shaky.

If anyone wants to post their picture samples, to see if they can best mine. Maybe I am doin' wrong. BUT PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Thumbnail your pictures, resize them down, or hyperlink them. DO NOT EMBED A 2+ MEGAPIXEL IMAGE DIRECTLY ON THE PAGE.

Advertisement
  2. tr11

tr11 Well-Known Member

I tried this camera 360 app and it's okay. But I think camera zoom 5x is the best camera app I have found so far. It costs a couple of dollars but is well worth it.
    One of the main things I wanted in the phone was for a music player and a camera. But all my pics were coming out blurry on the stock camera. A friend at my work has a my touch phone and recommended the camera zoom app. Trust me you won't regret it.
    Plus they just updated some features including just tapping the screen once and then it will auto focus and then take the picture so you don't get the camera shake from pressing the track ball. And the pictures save really really fast. Try it out. You'll all like it.
  3. ajr1992

ajr1992 Member

I tried the Camera Zoom 5x but when I try to zoom in closer than 2x the picture completely pixelates (for lack of a better term). It looks like a TV screen with static. Tried messing with the max zoom settings and the only one that works right is to set for 2x max. Any ideas on how to fix that? I sent an email to the devs.
  4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

That's because digital zoom sucks, to put it bluntly.
  5. ajr1992

ajr1992 Member

True. However I would at least expect to get 5x since that's what the spec is.
  6. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

I've been playing with 360 for a day or so now and I realized that my battery has been draining faster through the day. When I check services and battery status' I noticed that the 360 ervice stays running in the background! I have to force close it. It was also making my phone lag like crazy.
  7. jps

jps Well-Known Member

pretty shatty. i dont get the constant running service.
  8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

My battery life hasn't suffered, nor does it show 360 as constantly running. However I'm always very careful to quit the app, rather than just press the home button to leave. Not sure if that's a difference or not.
  9. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

+1...

I made sure and exited the app... still did it to me. Runs in background, drained battery pretty quickly while phone was idling.

Didn't notice any lag but didn't recieve any calls or texts during the time I had it installed on my phone. Uninstalled until further notice. :)
  10. jawiler

jawiler Member

I downloaded and tried this, seemed to take good pictures. But now I have the silent phone bug again, after going a month without it. Time to uninstall.
  11. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member

Download the app this morning and so far loving it, only issues are that sometimes it rotates the picture the wrong way and also in the photo album view (grid view), the little preview pics look all stretched out.

Does anyone else have these issues or knows how to remedy them?
  12. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

I have these issues too...no biggie. I just rotate the pictures manually.

Make sure you back out of the camera and also kill the running service or else it'll eat up your battery. I have a shortcut to my Running services.

You can make one by long-pressing homescreen, then Shortcuts -> Settings -> Running Services.
    katydid99 likes this.
  13. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

Same. I found it sucked battery like a wino does MD 20/20 so I uninstalled it.
  14. iamtooproud

iamtooproud Active Member

My gosh, I like this app better than the stock camera, but it really drains my battery, so I uninstalled it.... It used more battery power than everything else....
  15. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member

Just like ttran97 said

16. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

nobody seems to have my problem....often while taking pictures, it closes the sense UI, meaning that almost every single time i back out of the program, i see the HTC logo, then the loading screen again, and it takes a bit to load up my sense home. nobody else has this issue? also, half the time it doesn't save my pics...wtf?!?!?! i love this app because of the quality of pictures but come on...i spent the 2 bucks on it and now it's starting to act like shit. wtf
  17. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member

I've got the same issues that you do and I'm running at all the highest resolutions. I've found that if I don't run any effects, aside from "Enhance," that it doesn't Force Close Sense anymore. I had to reboot my phone though, so give that a try.
  18. k0k0

k0k0 New Member

It's the best camera app ever. Pocket Watch by ~nikifun on deviantART I've made this picture with my HTC Hero (1.5), and only the captions were added with photoshop. The program has very good filters and options, and as it says - "Art in your hand" :]
  19. jps

jps Well-Known Member

maybe camera360 is eating up super amounts of ram, doesnt android kill off other tasks to make more ram for others? maybe thats your problem. :confused:
  20. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I find that it takes WAY too long to snap a picture.
    Is it a setting?
    Anyone else have this problem?
  21. jayochs

eh, i'm not diggin the fact that it doesn't save half of the pictures i take. that's pissing me off. kind of regret spending the 2 bucks on the ad-less version lol
  22. Toolanddiemaker

Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member

I did the same, I don't know how the hell you tell if saves it or not and this thing was eating my battery like crazy. So a uninstalled app that I paid for pisses me off.:mad:
  23. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Drained my battery down to nothing when it wouldn't shut down. And froze the phone causing me to need to do a battery pull (which I haven't had to do ever since I got the phone). uninstalling.
  24. jayochs

yeah, it sucks because the quality is soooo much better than the stock camera, but the app itself is terrible. damnit. such a dilemma.
  25. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Picture quality on my phone isn't that important to me. I have a nice digital camera that I use for pictures I care about. The phone camera is just for when I see something funny and want a quick picture.