camera an camcorder refuses to launchSupport

Last Updated:

1. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I swear I did a search and found nothing. I just got my replacement evo and when I try to launch the camera or camcorder it opens and immediately closes. It doesn't give me an error it just closes. Anyone else experience this? If so, what's the solution?

Advertisement
  2. lopezpm

Well I don't know why but after 3 restart it works. Not sure why it didn't work after one restart but oh well its working now.

3. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member

this has happened to me as well on a few occassions and to some other people here on the forums too...sometimes I have to uninstall the previous app or restart the phone a few times...it is quite annoying though and hope that it isn't a constant problem for anyone

4. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

This has happens to me also. Another thing to add to my lemon list. Here is exactly what happens.

I usually have my screen brightness set to minimum brightness. Oddly, when I go to click my camera icon, instead of going into camera, it makes my screen brighter for like 2 seconds, then it fails to enter camera mode, it then goes back to my regular dim setting, never even makes it into camera, just back to where I was, my home screen.

I restart my phone like 5 times, that usually finally fixes it. I don't know if this is hardware issues or software.

5. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

same deal here, except I try to launch it over and over, then it normally works... normally

6. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

i'm experiencing this as well.

i'm noticing there are a lot of people sharing the same issues with some of this and i hope somehow it's been tracked at htc.

camera/camcorder won't start and many people are having random and spontaneous reboots of the phone. hmmm.....

7. finndo77

had a lovely reboot issue today, I turned off my BlueTooth Speakerphone, and the Evo locked up on my desktop/home screen with a message "BlueTooth Device Disconnected" in a pretty little grey bubble. it sat on that screen for 3 minutes, then the phone rebooted. But wait!!! it gets better... the phone got stuck on the 4G logo (after the video ended) and sat there for 10 more minutes, without dimming the screen, or shutting it off, then it rebooted again!!! I popped out the kickstand and sat the phone on the kitchen table and started to eat my dinner... You won't believe me, but it rebooted while I was eating AND stuck on the 4G logo screen again! then after 2-4 minutes it rebooted itself (off the 4G logo screen) and made it back to my desktop/home screens. has not rebooted since. I have used multiple BlueTooth Devices since.

8. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Well-Known Member

I am having this same issue right now. Got stuck on the 4G screen earlier, and now my camera and camcorder apps just close as soon as I try to open them

Even worse, when I use Astro to browse the SD card, I can't see any of my videos in the 100 media folder or whatever it's called. And if I connect it to my computer in disk drive mode, I can't see any of my videos in there either.

I've done like 5 restarts already and the problem persists. I guess I'll keep restarting and see if it resolves itself.

Also, every time I restart it I have the same missed call notification from earlier today. No matter how many times I clear that notification, it's back after I restart.

I did the OTA update the day I got it, by the way...

9. finndo77

ditto

10. lopezpm

did you check your missed calls? Even if you clear your notifications but never check your missed calls it will keep showing up.

11. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Well-Known Member

Yes, checked it 100 times, lol. Ended up doing the full root and flashing a custom ROM.

Just so everyone knows what may have caused it...

I recorded 2 720p videos on my Evo that I was trying to send to my wife (on her Evo) via bluetooth. It kept hanging/failing/erroring out/etc and eventually the videos were flat out gone from my SD card (she never received them either) and I couldn't get into the camera app.