camera and gallery issues might be related to sd card?Support

Last Updated:

1. mbookman

mbookman New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey fellow androiders -

When I try to open the camera, camcorder, and gallery, they open for just an instant, and then just quit back to the home screen. My music app has the same issue when I try to search for music. I figured it might be and SD card problem, but I'm slightly confused b/c I am able to access the card and open files using the Linda file manager app. When I take the SD card out, the camera, camcorder, and gallery open normally (I just cant use them b/c I need the SD card). This has been going on for about a week.

Any thoughts? My instinct is that it's the SD card, but the fact that I can still access the card and open files with the Linda file manager throws me.

Thank you,

Max from NYC
    (Droid 2)

Advertisement
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

Try accessing your sd card via the FILES app in the drawer. If this works as Linda app manager does then I would take the phone back for exchange.

First you might try Settings > SD Card & phone storage> Unmount SD card. Then remove and reinsert the card to see if this fixes the glitch.

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I deleted a few pictures but for some reason the gallery wouldn't let them go. It left the little grey box placeholders.

I copied everything from my SDcard to my PC, reformatted the SDcard, copied everything back, and the placeholders are gone.

Had the same problem today. This time I deleted the thumbnails file in DCIM, and cleared the data from the moto...photowidget in applications.

It forced the gallery to re-add all images.

4. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I had a similar issue, a soft reset/battery pull did the trick.