Camera and GPSTips

Last Updated:

1. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So...I couldn't find the pref's for geotagging photos, so I called LG...

If you open up the camera app and you click on the "gear", scroll down, there is a Tag Location and turn it on and it will GPS-ify your snapshots.

Advertisement
    MikesTooLz likes this.
  2. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at it, but I hope it's OFF by default? Dangerous for people who don't want that feature. Guy from Mythbusters TV show (who is a very smart dude) didn't realize his geo tag feature was on by default. He took a picture of his car at his house -- and didn't realize he was giving away his home address to everyone in the world. He had to move because he values his private life away from the show. You never know when a crazy fan will show up at 2 a.m. ringing the door bell -- or trying to kill you.

Or you take a picture of something IN your house -- gadget, or your pet. Post it on a forum, and later someone gets mad at you over something. Guess what, they now know where you live. Don't open any ticking boxes.... :eek:

3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Well-Known Member

Yeah, i was thinking about this as well but hadnt spent any time looking into it, thanks for the tip edgchacon.

4. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Looked at mine and Geotagging is off by default.

5. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wanted mine ON not OFF

Know what your'e doing before posting things online LOL. If you dont want people to know your location why are you posting pictures from that location.

I like to geotag my photos and load them into iPhoto it will display a world map and mark all the locations that the photo's were taken.