• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera and/or mic yet?

wncken

Mar 25, 2012
Hi, all... just a quick question: Does the camera and/or mic work yet with ICS? I've got 20120417 build and everything works pretty good otherwise. Well, wifi drops a lot, but no biggie, just turn off and turn on the radio. I'd really, really like to be able to use the cam and mic though.

Thanks,
Ken

Okay, thanks. Just thought about how nice it would be to be able to use groove IP on the tp as well as my phone. Maybe some day.
I completely feel you. I tried to get it to work with my bluetooth headset and it seems like it wants to use the the internal driver anyway. I thought that since on my computer it can add my bluetooth as separate device than it must be like that on the tablet which I am actually typing my response right now. But it was a dead end I hope the tp can come to complete working order before too long because I think I may invest into a fully working tab soon because I am using my TP too much :)

Any way hope camera gets working soon so devs can get the mic and than there will be many happy campers.

You go devs :)

Upvote 0
Here's the current version of the mic update:

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing testing

I have not tried it and I'm not sure what it adds.

My first half report with the 6/9/2012 nightly - it seems that there is a microphone available but it is not working. Google voice search does not recognize any words. I tried GrooVe IP with it - there is absolutely no sound produced the way I found this out was by calling my phone and trying to leave a voice mail but there was just static.

I guess I will have a little more to report because I am going to try to use it with Google + and with skype and see what we have on our hands.

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0
Well Skype is working pretty nicely here but just about everything else is not voice search does not voice dial does not Google voice not and groove not which is Google voice really. It is still amazing that it is working with Skype. It is only a matter of time before it is working completely. Nice work to all devs thank you for your great efforts.

Now back to Euro Cup cheers guys

Upvote 0
Does this mean they are actually merged in the rom, or do you need to install the mic fix and the audio libs separate. If everything is merged I assume that you should just be able to install 6/19 and the mic should work or is there any other procedure that needs to be followed?

I still have access to the touchpad as my friend has not left for Europe yet and I can help him get skype working perfectly in android we will be able to skype a lot just saying!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones