• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera APKs from 2.1 Upgrade

Mastermind278

Android Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2009
NJ
www.twitter.com
I was wondering if anyone running the Spica with Android 2.1 would be willing to upload all the different Camera apks and odex from their /system/app? I unfortunately do not have the SPICA but have a Behold 2 which according to the screen shots of the Android 2.1 on the SPICA, uses the same camera software.

I just want to try to use those APK and Odex files to see if it is possible to get it working on our Android 1.6 port.

I tried to look into the PDA file from your ODIN files however the SPICA like the Behold is running RFS which at the moment is not possible to extract.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

I uploaded camera app at here

I hope it works for you. I couldn't find odex though.
Thank you very much!

I actually just did a System Dump of the SPICA's factoryrfs.rfs from the PDA file and you are correct it doesn't have an ODEX file.

If you guys want the system dump I can upload it... not sure if there is a demand though.

Upvote 0
@ Mastermind278

You are most welcome :)

Thanks a lot for your very kind offer but most of spica users are actually still on the stock f/w and eagrly awaiting official upgrade to v2.1 while few of them have already flahsed to unofficial 2.1 ROMs. Some of those ROMs have root access and others do not.

With root access its as easy to get access to system apps as simply connecting your device to the desktop machine and pulling apps from adb. So it won't hurt either to upload dump to the server for someone to use. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones