Camera app not workingSupport

1. herminio67

herminio67 Member

Well I tried to take a picture today and tried to open the camera app but it stays in black screen and force closes. I am rooted with Megatron 6.0.4 rom don't know what could be causing this problem any answers would be appreciated thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Well-Known Member Contributor

This is a known issue in the MegaTron ROM. It deals with the quick panel settings and the flashlight.

To get the camera to work:

1. Open Quickpanel app.
    2. Select widgets.
    3. Scroll down to Toggle Flashlight.
    4. If checked, uncheck it.

Your camera app will now work. If you really need a flashlight on your phone then download an app from the play store.
    gdesigner1 and herminio67 like this.
  3. gdesigner1

gdesigner1 Member

Oh my god, I have been trying to fix this for a month. You just saved my ass. Thank you very much sir.
    niteNarmor likes this.
  4. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Well-Known Member Contributor

Not a problem. Also if for some reason the above solution does not work, download camera ics from play store. Keep both apps on hand. I know it is weird to have the same type of app but while the flashlight works with the original app, you can use the camera ics for your camera needs.

I have done this with much success. No issues with camera nor flashlight.
  5. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Guides Guide

one solution i found for the camera flashlight is i use notification toggle its just like quick panel for megatron allows you to have flashlight toggle and use camera