Camera app saving to 2 locations randomlySupport

1. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

It's driving me nuts. I am using vignette as my camera app (good app).

Can someone please tell me the difference between /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/dcim/camera and
    /sdcard/external_sd/dcim/camera

Those are the 2 locations it's saving to. No rhyme or reason to it either. It irritates me because there are 2 folders in my gallery too.

When I browse to EITHER of those locations in ES, they are identical, there are 1084 items.

But when I view in gallery. One location has 1050 and the other has 24.

Is it the app?
    My sd card?
    The file system?

Grr... Help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

do you have some left over pics on the internal memory. I had a double gallery for pictures but once i cleaned it up and set the storage to card I am doing ok now. I know that stock ICS has a weird way of showing the external card as a folder in the internal one. FK23~GA10JB doesn't do that.
  3. FLAWLESSVW

I did at one point but moved the pics to sd.

But it's not saving to internal ever. It's just adding that "/mnt/" to the beginning of the external sd path for some crazy reason. I don't understand why it is tacking that I there randomly. It makes no sense.

Let me know if you've got any other ideas cg.
  4. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Use a different camera app and see if it puts the pic in 2 places. If it doesn't then its the app which I'm guessing it is..

If it does than see if u have two galleries... If not maybe try freezing one of your camera apps see if that fixes it
    FLAWLESSVW likes this.
  5. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

You could try clearing the data on your camera app then re setup the settings for your camera
    FLAWLESSVW likes this.
  6. FLAWLESSVW

The default/stock camera app always seems to save to the /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/dcim/camera

If you guys look at your photos in the Gallery and view the details, do you show the /mnt/sdcard/...... or just /sdcard/.... ?

I am leaning towards contacting the app dev the more I troubleshoot it. 2 libraries just irritates me.