General Camera App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by natsu, Feb 26, 2010.

1. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Teacher
    ohio
    So i was looking around the market at all the camera apps out there. I know i might have to end up paying for one to get what i want. I'm mostly looking for an app that'll help with image stability (anti-shake, etc) and maybe something to press besides the trackball to take a pic. That's so awkward for me.

A lot of my pics are coming out blurry, whether i have good lighting or not, because i don't have a very steady hand.

Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement
  2. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    a lifehacker
    Southern California
    You can double tap if you don't like the track ball

3. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I use FxCamera and really like it. There's a spot on your screen you simply have to touch to take a picture, and you can take pictures with various effects (ToyCam, Polaroid, Fisheye, Symmetric, Worhol, or Normal).

4. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    QA Engineer
    San Diego, CA.
    I too use FxCamera. There is 0 lag when taking an image, its very nice. Doesn't have the anti-shake stuff but you could stop using......well lol I will stop there. ;)

5. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Female
    Dental Assistant
    IL
    Another vote for fxcamera! Must be worth checking out right?

6. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Teacher
    ohio
    Sorry i never made it back to this. I ended up getting fxcamera. Having pretty much no lag between the time when i press the button and when it actually takes has fixed my stability problem :)

Great app!

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Enterprise Level NAS Tech Support
    Minnesota
    On the original app, just in case you still care, I lost all the blur and out of focus when I found out you can touch the screen where you want it to focus, hold, and it will then take the pic.

Whoever designed it to use the trackball must have had tiny hands...

8. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Scientist
    North Carolina

Yeah never use the trackball to take the pics. I agree it's much better to touch the screen and hold and have it focus then take the picture.

9. acipollo

acipollo Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    New York
    I like QuickCamera.. Very fast and easily editable after if needed.

10. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    well it WAS made in asia :p <----no racism :eek: just an observation of course :D

11. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Multimedia
    West
    I think FX Camera is a pretty good camera app. I wish there was a way to select a camera type as a default so you don't have to always pick one when you open the app. Photo quality from it is pretty nice and it is fast. I would recommend downloading Picsay (or the Pro version) to do in-camera adjustments to the images after you've taken them. (Photoshop for Android sucks.)

This one area where I think iPhone users really have a big advantage. It seems there are many photo enthusiasts who are developers and creating amazing custom camera apps for the iPhone. Makes sense since Apple is geared toward many in the creative and multimedia fields. I know they have a huge head start over Android, so let's hope we Eris users will have more choice in the future.