Camera application for CM6?

Last Updated:

1. Illuminator

Illuminator Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running CM6 for awhile now and I love it. My only problem so far is that I absolutely hate the camera application. I much, much preferred the Sense take on it; so, I'm sitting here, wondering if there's a good camera application to replace the crap stock one.

Advertisement
  2. Addison

Addison Member

Yeah I've been using this ROM for about a week and the camera is horrible. Not only the app, but the image quality. When I was on Sense 2.1, my phone took pretty damn good pictures for a phone. I've noticed that after upgrading, the lens doesn't focus correctly. When I touch to focus I just hear a little click instead of the motorized sound it used to make. Maybe the developers can fix this somehow?

3. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

ive notice that my pics look better if anything running cm6.

4. krazeejb

krazeejb Member

I think they look pretty much the same. I do like the stock interface better, but this one ain't too bad. From what I recall, the stock has more viewable space.

5. Addison

Addison Member

Have any of you zoomed in on the pictures taken with this rom versus stock 2.1? Or viewed them on a computer? I'm trying to see if maybe its just my phone...

On a side note, my camera on 1.5 was better than even stock 2.1.. Weird..

6. silberj

silberj Member

I was looking for the same thing. I found Vignette in the app market and so far it is really good. I even bought it, recommend it highly.

7. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Also, Camera magic is a good one, I used it for a little while. IIRC, it was free, too.

8. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

+1 Camera magic

I personally like the stock camera in CM6:)

9. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

I bought Camera Zoom FX as my main camera app and love it! All kinds of settings for effects and it takes very good pics. Frequent updates too. Plus there are free prop packs in the Market to add to the app if you want.