Camera button controlling volumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. pitbullguy

pitbullguy Member This Topic's Starter

As of yesterday, my camera button does not open the camera, but controls the volume. I have done a factory reset, etc. and nothing seems to fix it.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

You sure you're pushing the RED camera button and not the volume rocker? ;p
    [had to ask]

3. pitbullguy

pitbullguy Member This Topic's Starter

It's definitely the camera button, but good question because you don't always know the experience of people on here ;).

I've had it since launch day, and it's been absolutely flawless since. All of a sudden last evening it started opening the camera application and taking pictures without me doing a thing.

I did a factory reset twice and didn't install any of the applications back on the phone. And now, the camera button operates as volume completely.

Called VzW and they are sending out a replacement. I assume it's something internal at this point, rather than some software issue.

Also, the call to VzW support was quick. I loath calling tech support there. However, I immediately told them the issue and the steps I had taken to resolve. Without any hesitation, he shipped out a new phone. I guess just immediately telling them what steps you have already taken helps.