Camera Button MissingSupport

Last Updated:

1. kb1234

kb1234 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just recieved Droid X on Aug 5th 2010. Today (21 Aug) I got my camera out of it case (hard case) and noticed the snap button missing,
    so I went to the store to have it fixed or another button to put on..Just found out about the fine print in the contract I have with verizion. $7.99 per month for Insurance. HA HA oh don't forget about the deductible of $90, return the old phone after the new one arrives.
    NOW when the old one gets to tech services and they say YOU caused the damages to the old phone, you will be charged $600!!!! This is what the customer service rep told me.
    Can the camera button fall off that easy? I dont think its worth $90 deductable. SO can someone tell me where I can get a replacement button to take pictures with. :(

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It should be under warranty and therefore free to fix. Try calling 800 922 0204 (i have that number memorized!)

Welcome to Android Forums!! We're very glad you signed up! :D

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi- Welcome to the android Forums -
    I would like to believe that the warrenty would come into play. Only 3 weeks old?

4. kb1234

kb1234 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the #. Thats what I thought too, but the Rep at Verizon store and customer support center said I had to file a claim.